As a congregation we become stronger by understanding the place where we reside. By learning about our neighbors, we can strengthen our relationships with them. What about our surrounding neighborhoods? What is the history of these neighborhoods and our congregation’s relationship with them? How have things come to be the way they are? What is happening in our neighborhood now? Who is working to make it stronger?
We yearn to connect with our neighbors. As a people of faith, we offer programs to support the neighborhood around us. Join us for the Community Roundtable as we learn together how to turn our faith into action.
The Community Roundtable will be a series of three Wednesday evening zoom conversations. We’ll tap into speakers who are already knowledgeable about the community and connect with those who are already working in our community. There will be plenty of time for questions.
Please register here and be prepared to join us on November 4, 11, and 18 from 7 – 8:30pm on zoom. This program is open to anyone in the greater Akron community, so don’t hesitate to share information about it with friends that you think might be interested.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Nov 4, 2020 | History of the Community & City
- Jason Segedy, Director of Planning and Urban Development, City of Akron
- Lauren Green-Hull, Associate Director, Fair Housing Contact Service
Nov 11, 2020 | Supporting Communities & Neighborhood
- Ray Greene, Jr., Executive Director, BLOC, in affiliation with The W.O.M.B.
- Joe Tucker, Executive Director, South Street Ministries
Nov 18, 2020 | Building Sustainable Community
- Marissa Little, Neighborhood Revitalization Coordinator, Habitat for Humanity
- Lisa Nunn, Executive Director, Let’s Grow Akron
This event is open to the greater Akron community – so please invite your friends and neighbors to register!