The First Church facility has reopened and is beginning to host in-person programs once again. We are grateful for your patience and perseverance during the pandemic and look forward to seeing you soon!
Return to in-person gathering at First Church will happen in small and measured ways. We acknowledge and affirm that people will return as and when they are comfortable — not all people will resume in-person gathering at the same time, nor will it be safe to resume all of the activities in the church at the same time. We continue to consider current Center for Disease Control, state department of health, and denominational recommendations. As circumstances and recommendations change, First Church may adjust plans accordingly.
All persons entering the building for any reason, will be required to follow safety protocols. Read about these and other details in our In-Person Regathering Plan or see the overview below.
Our Sunday worship services will continue to be available on Facebook and Youtube and we will offer options to connect online to as many of our meetings and small group gatherings as possible.
Small Groups & Events
First Church will begin to reopen for in-person small group gatherings as of Monday, May 17, with limitations on the number of people who may gather, based on room size and set-up requirements, to maintain physical distance. To reserve a meeting or event space, please contact Congregational Life Coordinator Alexander Morris: 330-253-5109 x112, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only individually packaged or boxed foods and beverages are permitted. Participants may bring their own beverages. Masks can be briefly lowered when actively eating or drinking and must be immediately replaced to cover your mouth and nose. All participants are asked to immediately depart at the conclusion of any gathering. Read the full In-Person Regathering Plan.
We are pleased to invite the community back into the Meetinghouse for Sunday Worship! In person attendance at services will resume beginning on June 6, 2021. The Celebrate Service will begin at 9:00am and the Festival Service at 11:00am. Advance registration is NO LONGER required.
The building will only open twenty minutes before each worship service to facilitate sanitizing. There will be one, well-marked, accessible enter and exit. Childcare and church school will not be available. Children under 12 will receive an activity pack on arrival which they may use during service and are asked to take home. The Family Room will be available to a family requiring privacy during worship. Fellowship Hall will be closed on Sunday mornings. Those who wish to may gather on the front lawn for fellowship after worship, weather permitting. Read the full In-Person Regathering Plan.
Individuals without internet access can register to attend in-person worship services by calling Congregational Life Coordinator Alexander Morris at 330-253-5109 x112, email@example.com, during business hours.
Until further notice, all persons on the premises are required to take the following precautions to make sure everyone is safe and comfortable:
- Masks need to be worn at all times, covering the nose and mouth.
- Physical distancing guidelines will be observed, including distanced seating (same household units are welcome to sit together).
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available.
- Personalized items such as the order of service and self-contained prepackaged bread and juice communion cups will be handed out individually at check in by volunteers wearing gloves. Items will not be passed or shared during worship.
- Hymns and songs will be printed in the order of service and sung by a soloist only. We request that attendees refrain from singing and suggest humming instead.
- All participants are asked to immediately depart at the conclusion of the service to facilitate sanitizing.
To best love our First Church family and our neighbors, we ask that you please stay home if any of the following apply to you:
- You have been in contact with someone in the past 14 days who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- You have a high-risk health issue.
- You are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (cough, fever, body aches, trouble breathing).
- Your temperature is equal to or higher than 100.4 degrees.
Read the full In-Person Regathering Plan.