First Congregational Church of Akron (First Church) is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. First Church believes that all qualified persons should be accorded an equal opportunity for all terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion (except insofar as ordination or religious background may be a qualification for a position), sex, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military status, criminal record, familial and marital status, or any other class or status protected by law.
Please note that First Church is a drug-free workplace.
With the exception of contracts, members of First Church are not eligible to be employed by the church either part- or full-time per Personnel Board decisions 9/20/2015 and 12/13/2016.
JOB OPENING: AUDIO VISUAL TECHNICIAN
First Church is looking for a reliable AV Technician to support our Sunday morning worship services and other church events year-round.
Required Experience Includes:
- Operating PTZ cameras
- Operating a video switcher
- Operating a soundboard
- General knowledge of audio mixing
- Setup and installation of microphones, speakers, video screens, and projectors, among other AV equipment
- Troubleshooting and resolving equipment issues and media system problems
- Effectively using audio and video editing software such as Logic Pro, Final Cut, Adobe Audition, and Adobe Premiere
- Creating/producing/editing videos that can be used on social media or in worship services
- General knowledge of streaming technologies
Additional Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Positive interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and objectivity.
- Able to work effectively with diverse cultures and ethnicities, all levels of socioeconomic status, gender identities, and sexual orientation.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time. Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- A degree or certificate in audio/video technology or related field
- Experience with audio/video production in a live environment
Reports to Lead AV Technician. On the job training will be provided, as necessary. Pay range starting at $15-20 / hour depending on qualifications and experience.
- Sunday mornings, 8am-12:30pm (including holidays)
- Up to seven (7) evenings per year including but not limited to Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Christmas Eve
Additional Hours Available:
- Various events requiring live streaming and/or recording that may occur throughout the year including but not limited to weddings, funerals, memorial services, and concerts
- Create visual content for services and other events either remotely or on location
FLSA: Hourly non-exempt