Mason Community Learning Center is an Akron Public elementary inner-city school with over 325 students in pre-school through sixth grade. The school’s dedicated staff provides the best learning environment available to a school population that is in constant transition.
What started out as a modest ministry program in 2003 to provide winter coats for children has expanded into a multifaceted community ministry. Listed below are some of the ways in which First Church supports the families of Mason Community Learning Center.
- Donate and purchase school supplies for students.
- Provide 130 – 150 winter coats each year for children.
- Members and friends of First Church annually sponsor Christmas for 20–25 Mason families.
- Attendance incentives are provided to students quarterly throughout the school year.
- Clothing/shoes that adhere to the school’s uniform regulations are provided as needed throughout the school year.
- Spring Field Trips are funded by the Mason Outreach. This includes transportation costs, if needed.
- We participate with the PTA in collecting Box Tops for Education.
- Approximately 30 volunteers assist with the Mason Outreach Program.
We welcome your participation in this ministry. If you would like to become involved, please contact us.